Health and Welfare
Participation in medical, dental, and vision benefits is mandatory for all full-time employees. The District participates in the North Coast Schools' Medical Insurance Group (NCSMIG) through the Humboldt County Office of Education. The following providers are included:
- Blue Shield of California Medical
- Guardian Dental
- Vision Service Plan (VSP)
You are entitled to a comprehensive description of your rights and obligations under your group health plan. Copies of plan documents can be found at nscmig.org under the Resources tab. To request a paper copy, please email JPA@hcoe.org or call 707-445-7126.
American Fidelity visits our site on an annual basis. Please take the time to meet with them so you don't miss out on any important information like pre-taxing your benefit premiums. In order to participate in pre-tax benefits, you must meet with the American Fidelity representative.
- Optional Benefits are offered through American Fidelity and Aflac.
- Workers' Compensation Insurance is designed to mitigate financial loss due to work-related illness or injury.
- Disability Insurance is designed to mitigate financial loss due to illness or injury not related to the workplace.
- Life Insurance is provided at no cost to employees who participate in the medical plan.