If your student is feeling ill and stays home or is picked up from school due to an illness, please follow the CDPH guidance for returning to school.
Guidance for staying home when sick and getting tested:
- Follow the strategy for Staying Home when Sick and Getting Tested from the CDC.
- Getting tested for COVID-19 when symptoms are consistent with COVID-19 will help with rapid contact tracing and prevent possible spread at schools.
- Advise staff members and students with symptoms of COVID-19 infection not to return for in-person instruction until they have met CDPH criteria to return to school for those with symptoms:
- At least 24 hours have passed since resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications; AND
- Other symptoms have improved; AND
- They have a negative test for SARS-CoV-2 administered by a healthcare professional or at the school (consent is required), OR
- a healthcare provider has provided documentation that the symptoms are typical of their underlying chronic condition (e.g., allergies or asthma) OR
- a healthcare provider has confirmed an alternative named diagnosis (e.g., Streptococcal pharyngitis, Coxsackie virus), OR
- at least 10 days have passed since symptom onset.
Thank you for helping to keep our students, families, and staff safe. We appreciate your support.